Things have been pretty rough for me lately, but the semester is almost over, and thank god I made it thorough! DREAMS OF SUCCESS!
I am grateful for my Ballet teacher:
I want to take the time out to express gratitude toward my ballet teacher: Angelina Meany. It's nearing the end of my second semester of taking classes with her.
I am grateful for my Ballet teacher:
I want to take the time out to express gratitude toward my ballet teacher: Angelina Meany. It's nearing the end of my second semester of taking classes with her.
She is also fit, able, and appears to be in her younger years, meaning that she is able to demonstrate the movements better than anyone else in the class--which is the way it should be. A lot of ballet classes i've been in or watched have had people who've been able to articulate the moves but not necessarily do them with the most energy and skill.
New Insight:
I'm learning that I need to slow down and not get ahead of myself.
Ahead of
my
self.
Because to move forward without having my self, without being who I am, without being gathered, and otherwise scattered.. isnt a very wise thing to do. I'm realising that I do not need to do EVERYTHING while I'm young, nor do i need to do EVERYTHING RIGHT NOW. The "now or Never" philosophy shouldn't always be taken under consideration. Theres always the next wave to catch. Things come back. Trying to do too much in such short little bit of time... is like staying up til 4 am and skipping class the next morning to get an essay done, just to find out it's not due until next week.
Things just take time and persistence. Slow and steady wins the race--but persistence is key. I didn't hastly strive to get good at snowboard and ballet, but surely over time I got much better at it, while still going easy on my self. Even with breaking, when I did it persistently i just got better. All dance connects, so what makes me better in one style might make me better than the other, and so on...
And as far as a modern man is concerned:
I'm also being employed in services that pertain to my fields of interest. One of them is being an after-school teacher for elementary students in LA, being that I teach them dance, yoga, and help them with their homework. Another one I'm hoping to get is a job as a clerk at YogaWorks, where I can then get unlimited yoga class, and maybe even some exposure being that I've already been in 2 yoga films and am recognized at various places around the westside.
I plan on being in synapse dance company again in the winter as a choreographer to work on a new piece i've had my mind on. The style is house and modern, and the theme is very deep, dim, clubby, and steamy. As for the music, well, you'll find out...
For the time being I want to make sure i take as many house/break/african/modern/ballet classes as possible, especially house classes, so i can have a real foundation under my choreography and keep the movements I create true to the dance form.
No comments:
Post a Comment