Saturday, November 3, 2007

bustin my back


So did I mention I've been trying to start a Bboy club at SMC? For awhile now I've been wanting to be down with a thick crew of hip-hop heads with a true desire to become very skilled in Bboying, along with doing positive things, and making conscious decisions.
It came to me that it would be a good idea to start the club since there wasn't one at the time and there were alot of people interesting in learning about, and trying out breakin. Not wanting to sink into the quicksands of procrastination, I immedately got to making the club get started. I had everything I needed: a fulltime faculty advisor, more than six students who had SMC IDs (18 to be exact), a space to practice and teach in (which is far better than any practice spot I've seen), and a time for people to meet up. But one thing stands in my way, people to attend the ICC council meetings. Club Row came and went, due to my mental abscence, and abscene from class, I was unable to get a booth.
My hopes are still up. I'm not giving up on it, but I have gotten a bit more patient and humble about it--itll happen when it happens. Until then, I'm really eager to get back to practice. At least my modern teacher has us doing alot of floorwork, which actually is making me a better breaker. It is strange how though i only break once or twice a week, it still feel like I'm getting better due to my ballet and modern. I love dancing. I want to get so good at breaking and freestyling. I dont care much for studio choreography, but i respect it, it's just that freeflowing freestyle soul that strikes me that keeps me going.
As i sit here, having just finished an assignment for english class, im hungry, and my back hurts from sitting down all day. Hopefully I'll get to finish my third english assignment tomorrow, then plan out a way to better fit yoga and breakin back into my schedule. I wish i could give my girlfriend more attention, but dance is so much more important to me. I'm sorry.
I can't let my dreams be deferred.

No comments:

Who?

Los Angeles, CA, United States