Almost about to sleep but I though I'd throw this down, kinda like that Grande Allegro part of the class at the end of the day, or those last few windmills you practice with the last bit of juice after a practice session.
So the last few days, since saturday, I have been unable to sleep comfortably. I've began to figure out it is linked to anxiety, but for somereason my body moves and twitches while I'm trying to sleep, and my heart begins to race with each anticipating thought.
In the daytime, I dance GREAT! My energy is endless and I keep wanting to dance endlessly--from house, breakin, ballet, and modern... it just keep on movin!!!! Tomorrow I'm going to a Bboy Jam at Juice, a little bit a therapy, well if my girlfriend is okay with it. Everywhere I go i keep dancing, and choreographing, and making up new moves, and I love it.
At the time however, I'm slacking off a bit and not finish strong in school... so i gotta get it together. I look forward to the next semester. I want to take some more house classes. I went to one last weekend and realised what was missing from my housedance foundations, but then again, humans forget 80% of what they learn, and thus it would be beneficial to take more classes.
Margo says I'll only keep getting better at what i do, because I do it all the time.
Actually, Last saturday was Andre day:
It was a long night and i didn't sleep. I kept twitching, wanting to dance (I cant dance in my apartment) and my heart kept racing. So, after a long torturous night without any sleep, I said fuck it, I'm going to the beach. So at 5 am I got in my car and headed over to Santa Monica where the rings are.
After a beer, I starting feeling better as I got there, my heart rate finally began to slow down. When I got there, I went straight over to the grass area and danced to my heart beat, and finally, I felt myself getting tired..
But that didnt stop me, I danced and danced and danced. I had to. It was therapy. It gave me no other choice. I housestepped my way into the sunrise, even as beachbums were waking up and walking around, as the exercise devotees were doing their morning jogs, as the seagulls began to fly around and celebrate a new day, I just kept dancing. It felt really good.
After my communining without the ocean, and it's creator. I went over to the rings for a good swing, and talked to some people on the way, it was 7.30 by then.

It was probably the best swing I've ever done, and the earliest as well. Thereafter I made my way to Lakeshrime, a Self Realization Center/Church that I've been meaning to go to and got my spiritual meal. Then I went to Fumbling Towards Ecstasy for some ecstatic dance and moved HOWEVER I WANTED TO MOVE for about 3 hours. Then I called my friend Star and we went to yoga class together, then had dinner therafter. Then I went over to breakin class in Culver City.
With the sunrise dance + ecstatic dance + yoga class + breakin class + No Sleep at all.. I most certainly felt a bit tired. I went home and went to sleep around 12, and finally slept well! Woohoo!
Since then I've been wanting to enjoy life more than I've been wanting to do schoolwork, so now I work on re-establishing that balance.
But my body is in it's greatest dance shape right now than ever, and if i were to bust in a cypher, it might be some of the best dancing i've ever done...well, if i go to sleep early and stop eating crap food lol.
Goodnight.
No comments:
Post a Comment