My body hurts, my back is sore, so is my neck especially, but it's a good hurt. Its a hur
So while practicing a lot of moves came to me, I figured out some new stuff, like diving backward to catch my hands behind my head, (slightly) no-handed swipes, airchairs while holding one leg straigt and the other threaded in front, threading in a flag freeze, and other things that will be self-explanatory through my dancing. The people there who've seen me practicing for awhile said that I've definitely improved alot. Drew, and Gio, the more advanced breakers there, were giving me tips as well. Usually the practice ends at 10pm, but we were going on strong till about 11:30. YEAH!
What got me where the headspin/windmill drill we were doing; trying to go from windmills to headspins. I still need to practie my windmills a bit more, but the movement made since to me. I remember about a year ago, crying in my car and praying, because I still couldn't get windmills even though I've been doing them so long, I could never get them. Thank God I got them, my prayers were answered.
I also feel like I'm becoming a smarter dancer, learning how to warm up, pace myself in terms of energy, align my body, learn moves, practice movements, how to lead and control dif body parts, etc.
So I think that time's coming where I step things up a notch as far as dance is concered.
I only dance 3, maybe 4 days a week if I'm not too busy. The other 3 days I do absolutely nothing, and though I've shown dramatic improvement since the beginning of the semester, I'm ready to situate everything I have learned and undertaken to use as a foundation for my next step.
In the Winter I'll take a break from academic classes, but continue to work, do yoga, and engage and health practices to make my mind & body well and able for the spring. The Spring semester is typically a drag, so I don't plan on taking too many academic classes due to the fact that I'm typically less ambitious during that time of the year.
Well I'm a little too sleepy to finish this blog, so that its. Peace!
No comments:
Post a Comment