It's about 8:18 and I'm tired, irritated, and wanting to do something fun. I've had a day of dance with the abscence of Synapse, and chose to stay here doing my english work instead of going to breaking practice, which i've been missing out on for the past 2 months, perhaps this is the reason feeling this way.
I'm also having a very hard time writing, maybe this is due to the fact that i havent been doing much reading, or because i simply don't want to write; this usually isn't the case--I've simply lost interest.
The past weekend i performed with my dancers in the synapse dance theatre at the main stage at santa monica college. It was fun, but im not sure if i still want to talk about it, it's history now. The first performance sucked. The rest were dope.
Hopefully, I'll be more caught up with things next week, and thus be able to resume my breakdance practice. I, too, want to become a great dancer, but modern and ballet aren't necesarrily where my most fiery dance passions are located.
I'm looking forward to choreographing next semster. I'll probably have some compeition being that i am aware of the fact that i have inspired a few people to choreograph sometime, and Ebonee for sure wants to do a Hip-Hop peice for Folkloriko, as I do, too.
I really wish I had the chance to dance a bit more last weekend after my performance. There's nothing like being at an awesome party with lots of good dancers and very high amounts of energy to mingle with. It's like drowning and soundwaves and you start to really get deep into your dance, you REALLY get into it, and you start doing movement, combos, and style variations that you've never done before, and you slightly notice that you have a hard time doing your common movements due to the fact that you're no longer on common ground, but have instead slipped to another realm, another state of mind and consciousness where movement is governed by a completely different set of mental laws.
It sets my mind free. It feels good.
Theres nothing like getting down and busting out til you can titl you spine back, close your eyes, feel the music vibrating against the sweat pores on your face, and just say "Fuck yeah".
I'm feeling better now, I hope to revisit this nice little blog i've made quite frequently.
Oh and the forward movement thing, i'm sure youll figure it out.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Who?
- Dre
- Los Angeles, CA, United States
No comments:
Post a Comment