Friday, December 21, 2007
Something I understood
There are some dancers who, at first observe a particular style of dancing, then train and practice based on it’s foundations and get really good at doing particular developed movements so that they become superior with doing that selection of movements. There are others who, too, take up a certain style, but say “I like the traditional moves and all, but I’m going to do it like this because I like it better that way” and thus develop their own style. There are also those who simply mimic the movements they admire, but have no knowledge of the science or foundation under them, and do not train whatsoever, and thus become self-trained dancers—typically having a very strong sense of originality, style, and self-discipline. Some dancers are a little bit of everything, and there are some completely different from the three categories I named. I, myself, had been one of these three at one time or another.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Who?
- Dre
- Los Angeles, CA, United States
No comments:
Post a Comment