Monday, December 17, 2007

A Better Life

(title inspired by Ian Pooley's A Better Life)
Some of that soul-inflaming house goodness:




GOALS FOR 2008 BECAUSE ANDRE RULES THE WORLD:

1. Keep dancing without stopping.
2. Uphold my outcome in my NYU application (whether accepted or denied)
3. Get in the right art school for me.
4. Develop my Yoga practice.
5. Develop skill, awareness, ability, respect, and appreciation for all dance styles.
6.Further expand the circumference of my cypher.
7. Get closer to god.
8. Become financially secure, then unaffected and unattached to money.
9. Own nice clothes without being owned by nice clothes.
10. Further bring into manifestation my desire to work and become friends with like-minded artists and dancers.
11. Experiment with and learn from different writing styles.
12. Earn scholarships.
13. Do even better than I did Fall 2007.
14. Choreograph "Deeper".
15. Acquire a job that supports me and makes things easier for my mother so that she'd not have to worry about spending money on me.
16. BREAK THE CYCLE
17. Create and complete more works of art.
18. Associate myself, and become friends with people of similar interests and talents.
19. Train with, and learn from people who inspire me and possess abilities that I want to acquire.
20. Strive to surround myself with things that inspire me, teach me, and enhance my awareness.
21. Play my part well; as a choreographer, dancer, boyfriend, son, rastaman, homie, student, yogi, coworker, employee, writer, poet, artist, hue-man.
22. Go Snowboarding! ... and get a snowboard
23. Go Surfing! ...and get a surfboard
24. Enroll myself into a summer program, whether NYU/LINESballet/something making use of dance and art!!!!
25. Re-adjust to a healthy, %90 raw diet.
26. Get a colonic
27. Decorate my room to something nice.
28. Get the fuck out of L.A.
29. Hold at least one of my jobs for at least a year.
30. Learn flares and airflares.
31. Be able to hit like 20 windmills.
32. Learn to house dance!!!
33. Win a bboy battle or two.
34. Start a legal hustle on the side.
35. Pay off all my debts.
36. TBA

Next step: Choose my top 10 of these goals (importantly the most immediate), and write a list of what I need to do to acheive these things, write a list of the things that might stop me, and set up a plan on how to overcome these things.

Most importantly, I will bless these goals, envision achieving them, and meditate on developing a passion for achieving them.











"If you have built castles in the air, your work need
not be lost; that is where they should be. Now put the foundations under them."
-Henry David Thoreau Walden













Dear God,
I just realized something. It’s been very difficult for me to align myself with your will, to do what you’ve destined for me to do. It’s hard because I have things that I want to do, and fear that by fulfilling your will, I won’t be able to do what I love doing: dancing and making art in awesome and appealing forms.
When I thought of the one ideal place I want to go, it somehow connects to a place being one that relates to the arts, a place where I can use the hand you’ve given me. Tropical paradises, and lush landscapes sound nice, but I, too, want to create beauty, to create things that are good. If I ever needed inspiration, motivation, gratification, or simply relation, I could always find it, and even sometimes best resonate with it in art—being that, it does come from you, Lord.
Please do not be jealous Lord. If all good things come from the heavens, as you are the vine of good fruits, then I am simply a partaker of the beautiful fruit you provided for me. I want to create and bless, just as you create and bless, but of course I am humble and I know that my creations are incomparable with yours, however, I know that you want our works to shine before men so that you’d be glorified, and I know that you’ve blessed me with a passion for, and a gift to create and be artistically creative, and I am thankful for it.
Thank for also, for the many glorious moments I’ve had under the heavens where the fire burning within my heart enkindled m entire presence and illuminated the world around me. Times where love and an unknown spirit captivated me and created ecstasy, a spirit that created the feeling of overcoming and uprising during my downfalls, that created humility in my uprising.
Lord, put me in a place where I can use my skill and love in the arts. Surround me with people who can nourish and aid me, and in return, place me in the midst of those I can aid and nourish. Allow me to create good works that enhances, and brings enjoyment to people’s lives, as the music I listen to, the books I read, and the things I see keep me wanting to live. Allow me to deliver the uncreated beauties of the heavens.
My hardest things to do, is to do what you want me to do—so I realized that the best thing to happen, is that I reach a state where my intentions and desires will be no different than your desires for me, so that when I want to exercise my will, it will be the same as those of yours. May I develop a relationship with you so that we can work together, and become so elevated, so in tune with my spirit and free of fleshy desire--… sorry Lord, I lost my train of thought in the midst of worldly cares and lustful imaginations. I want to reach a state of spirituality so high that the things I do will allow me to be guided by the Spirit, so that I will have a spiritual awareness and so that the things I do will flow, and I will gain your favor, a connection with you Lord, my source. I wish to understand the things of you, the things of the spirit, and the things of the earth. May my mind become renewed and holy, yet free from boredom and plainness.
Please, Lord, send me to an arts college, and send me somewhere that I can, in fact, where I can be redeemed of the things that don’t fit me. May I make use of the resources around me to become a good, resourceful, loving, healthy, happy, and talented man. See the things that inspire me, and plant a virtuous intention in my heart. Give me opportunities to aid other in their passions and doings of any sort, so that I, too, will be aided. See my interests, dreams, and the cultures I admire. Bring me places, and let whatever useful follow.
Strengthen and replenish me so that I remain in the heightened spirit when times get rough and that I ward off the wrongs and the darker thoughts that inhabit my mind. May my mind be set on things so high that I become a better man, and so my ways, actions, and intentions change for the best. May my dreams continue coming true, and may I bring good news and good things to everyone, including my friends and family. People shall see my goodness, and resonate with your goodness through my work; through my artistic expressions.
The world is beautiful (as it is also a struggle). I am one out of many, but still one out of many. May I set my sights on the stars; everyone wants to rise, so I am faithful that the rest shall follow as I seek first the kingdom of heaven. As I climbed the half-dome on that Yosemite trip, I realized that the stronger, better-built, and stronger-minded made it up there, so I shall be confident that I will be surrounded by—as I will be one with—grandeur as I approach the summit.
I pray Lord, that I reach the place where free will and destiny are allies; and that my intentions not counteract yours. May I arise wiser this time, and still able to work, to do the things I enjoy, and simply create and express; as I have been given a passion to do so. May I dance and dream. May I arrive and depart, find and seek, and my ways become good; a delight to your eyes.

No comments:

Who?

Los Angeles, CA, United States