Thursday, April 9, 2009

How To Kill Superman

Back when I still kicked it with my friend Bob in Venice we talked about some philosophical subjects. Because of my pleasure with arguing, I interrupted him when he told me "You can't kill superman". I explained one can simply make him drink plutonium, and of course Bob denied my foolishness. At the time I was stoned and mistook plutonium for Kryptonite. I wrote that topic down, as I though "How To Kill Superman" would be a good title for something.

If Superman drank Kryptonite, the molecules would have to eventually get digested and released into his bloodstream, and eventually reach his heart/brain and cause him to die.

I later further investigated this subject and found out that Marvel sort of cheats in a way that they create indestructible heroes. There are a few things Superman is prone to though:

1) Magic
2) Hire Galactus, Thor, or the Silver Surfer to off him

Notice I didn't say Kryptonite. I recall that he himself created his Kryptonite weakness in his mind as to limit his power and stop him from being too dangerous. Superman feels like the world around him is made out of cardboard, and he has to constantly limit himself and check his power so that nobody gets killed. He actually consciously pull back his punches when fighting enemies.

So I thought about the mental blocks we create for ourselves and how we limit ourselves from being truly free. How we judge people, categorize them, and make assumptions about them. How we try to predict and determine the status quo, and the outcome thereof based on past conditioning. Seeing things from the eye of the past and not the eye of the now.

Jesus said that the eye is the lamp of the body. How we see things feeds into how we feel inside, and how we feel inside determines how wesee things.

I saw my anger as a place, a force, like Galactus, who devours planets for a living. I saw it like something that should only be awakened if necesarry, and that I should set up roadblocks on the path to anger, and quite possibly offer more alternative routes.

Anger is quite useless in the sense that one cannot rationally think and have more complete thoughts while enraged. The calmer current is easier to swim in. A raging river will sweep you away.

Forming bridges to other actions can sometimes be quite useful, like dancing or working out or running. Being that the body and mind can sometimes be better seen as united rather than seperate, the body can sometimes be used as a tool to alter consciousness. You can't just tell yourself "be happy" or "stop being mad" and expect your mind to do it, actually by trying to force yourself to feel a certain emotion you only get even more unstable. This is why Yoga and dance helps so much as it sort of, allows you to get out of your head for awhile and just get free for a minute.

And that what I like to do when I dance. Just walk out of the backdoor of my mind and just go dance.

My hair is gone. I've been feeling better being present, and returning to nature. Going back. Nature will always be there. The clouds. The Wind. The waves. Flowing.

Higher pursuits and higher journeys.

I can go left or right. Up or down. In or Out.

In this lifestyle of temporal satisfaction. Of Pain and Pleasure. Of Success and Failure. Of Gain and Loss.

Or I can go beyond.

"A mirror smashed in my mind" is what I told Bob during that session. One of the ways I saw myself no longer existed. I chose not to see myself in that way anymore.

No comments:

Who?

Los Angeles, CA, United States