The Spring semester begins once again. This time around I'm unemployed and scraping for pennies more than ever. I realised I don't hustle as hard as I want to, I'm better off just getting a job than trying to sell shit on the side all the time.
Going to NYC this summer. I got into the Alvin Ailey Intensive, and hopefully it will lead me into the Fordham/Ailey BFA program. I'm confident now in my ability to dance and excel to the best of my abilities--a positive mental attitude isn't automatic, it must be acquired and maintained day and night with much vigilance.
There's a few other source of income I hope to develop in the very near future, one of them being my fashion line, and the other being through my writing abilities. Don't worry. This blog is just a journal of mine, not meant to entertain anyone, but there will be more objective-based blogs to follow hereafter.
Mastering the mind is one of the most important skills I have recognized one to possess. One cannot command an army if they cannot command the thoughts and actions of their minds. I may not be diving into my yoga practice, but I've been spending ten minutes a day meditating, and it has been making a difference.
I have some plans and hopes for the future, but now that I'm aware that my name has been googled quite frequently, I'm thinking that maybe some things, along with personal absurdities, should be kept secret, or at best, expressed in a stylistic fashion that will make the truth more bearable.
Peace out yall.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Who?
- Dre
- Los Angeles, CA, United States
No comments:
Post a Comment