Friday, April 23, 2010

When we would walk together....

I'm sorry Ladies, but I don't have time to chase girls whose hearts are set on materialism and monetary gain through romance. The sun shines just as brightly through my apartment bedroom as it does through a rich man's abode. The wind is just as refreshing blowing through the window of my bucket Mazda as it is coming down through his Infiniti sunroof. My heart spans just as big above my fresh Nike High-tops as it does in my thrift-store loafers. And I'm sure your skin is no softer under Prada than it is under that Old-Navy longsleeve. If it's about love, then let's love, and live without those things that we are able to live without.

Remember when we would walk together? We both had feet and it was all that mattered. If the ground was muddy they would go bare, and we didn't care cause the blessings of water and sunshine were good enough to cleanse us of whatever absurdities were present. Sometimes we would take adventures to anywhere, and sometimes we would try to keep up with the in-crowd, and othertimes it was as simple as going home and building dreamhouses with popsicle sticks while you stretched and studied for anothertime's final exam.

She kissed my ear and I bought her lunch. I called her to say happy monday and she walked me to my car. When I told her my amazing ideas, she'd respond with an interested, and almost motivating tone. She'd paint her dreams along my forehead until my pores opened wide enough for her favorite colors to be asorbed by my soul, and she'd watch as I journey within and touch the inside of my dreams.

I watch the sunset through scratched and smudged plastic metro bus windows. It illuminates my eyes the same as it did when I watched it from the breakwater at Venice beach, as it did on my friend's Hollywood rooftop, as it did from the window seat northbound to San Francisco, as it did with her Old-Navy longsleeve wrapped around my shea-buttered, salt-watered arms.

No comments:

Who?

Los Angeles, CA, United States