and about 12 hours later I've still not gotten a solid conclusion. But i did realize things
When an idea comes into mind, especially one that requires work, it is not always best to look at the big picture. Looking at a larger view of things can sometimes be overwhelming, and also quite discouraging if one is afraid that they do not have the ability to make it work altogether.
I was once told about climber that climbed mount Killamanjaro in Africa. They would climb at night, because if they were to climb in the day, the would see the whole mountain and how high it is, and how far they are from the top, and would therefore become discouraged. The climbers would travel at night only seeing in the distance of the lights in front of them.
Such is like a goal or task. It may help to look at the big picture sometimes, but at other times it's better just to focus on whats in front of you, otherwise you may be overwhelmed by the task.
Other times it might be better to look at the big picture, and overfocusing on small details can also become daunting.
I also found HIP HOP GOLD today and am really enjoying this album by Dela - Changes of Atmosphere. The laid back beats topped with lyrics from upcoming and underground rappers spitting in a very human form. Samples are taken all over some old school tracks, as well as a presentation of a new style that is well equipped for chillin in the apartment, cruisin with a blunt spittin flows, or coolin at venice beach. I'm really feeling this song, and may choreograph a duet to it:
He who doubts is like the waves of the sea, driven and tossed by the wind. Today I was presented with a number of obstacles that presented themselves as threats to the plans of my day, but I stood firm in a strange but not foreign amount of fair uncommon to my more recently developed philosophies. I simply beleived that God had my back, and that everything will turn out alright. And so everything did turn out great, and better than I had planned, and was graced with a number of unexpected blessings.
I can choose to beleive and have faith that I am being guided by the best of guides. Because the lack thereof leaves it all up to me, and I know the universe contains far more than just me, and nothing in existence is seperate; everything is connected.
No comments:
Post a Comment