Tuesday, August 12, 2008

If You're Good At Something, Never Do it For Free

-The Joker "Batman Returns"




Alright so I've been unemployed all summer. I got a job teaching yoga at a middle school but it doesn't start 'til fall. I am happy to share to fruitful benefits of yoga to young people eager to learn and apply it to their lives. Until then, I'm kinda broke, actually, a lot further in debt than I was back when I was having a nervous breakdown over my finances, however I'm not too distressed about it.

The other day I was super faded with my friend Monique. Hotboxing down the 405 and tripping out for a minute, I said to her "I think the world would be a better place if we all just calmed down a little bit, just a little". We're living in a nervous generation. We've reached the state of intelligence where we as people are fully aware of our consequences but not completely willing to abandon the motives behind them. Just look at the rapid changes in culture, art, dance, and the economy. If you're about my age you probably know what I mean by a "nervous generation". There's no certainty of the future right now as we no longer know what to beleive. We're given the choice to stick our heads in the dirt or have our brains sucked in the endless drama of the media, justice, and the effects monetary pursuits and capitalist expansions.

But back to my point. I need money. Don't we all? I gotta hustle. I gotta get that loot. I'm once again looking around my room for shit to sell and figuring out how the fuck I'm going to make ends meet while being a full-time student. There's plenty of things I'm good at, maybe not a trained professional, but I do have a number of skills and professions I've busied myself in. Hopefully I can make some money off of it. Maybe my clothing line idea, maybe off my writing skills, creativity, people skills (no customer service please), familiarity with L.A., maybe off dance?




No comments:

Who?

Los Angeles, CA, United States