Saturday, May 10, 2008

If Only They Knew

When the curtains come down
and the day is through
no one is left
but me and all my tears.
I wear a purple heart
for a loss of breath
and the dreams I've wounded
in battles against my fears.
You never know
what you got
until it is gone.
Be careful what you wish for;
I never thought
I'd sing this song.

Some say we're weak
cause we'd never have a chance
at loving life
if they took away dance.
But it's art in the now
a gift of the present.
The sun shines equally bright
on both kings and peasants.
So when it's time to shine
spark that pulse
be the flame.
Set yourself
on top a lampost
and everyone will know your name.
Be yourself
let go
there is something within.
Commit,
persist,
stick to it 'til the end.
'Cause in the end
there are no ends,
no, not even beginnings.
The alpha and omega
don't go by worldly winnings.
Thought all moments are not golden
please do not grow bitter.
Light touched my hand,
that perfect plan.
More than money glitters.

Worn deep
the depths of soul
I dive and swim within.
A good warmup
a light stretch
and I'm ready to begin.
It takes a while
maybe hours
until I find my soul.
A safe home
a peaceful place,
then it's time to go.

If only I could stay.
I want to dance forever.
But until we find eternity
we work on getting better.
Making moves,
building technique
Hour after day
day after week.
And week after month,
month after year.
Suprised that we made it
and dance it still here.

And so we get down,
in our rooms and on the streets
in the dancefloors on the beats
when we work and when we sleep.
Please join us if you must
there's still plenty to eat.
Come into our house
and share your heart's beat.






Give thanks and praise to de Lord, and I will feel alright.

No comments:

Who?

Los Angeles, CA, United States